Thursday, September 13, 2007

YES! We have collected our Keys Today at 11.10am at HDB Hub

Yes, today woke up at around 7.50am coz too excited to collect my keys at HUB Hub.

When I was watching "Zao An Ni Hao”, suddenly I felt my sofa was shaking gently and I saw my lighting at my living room was swinging from left to right. I exclaimed “Shit" I can feel that the block is gently shake... 1st time I felt the tremor in Tampines. Not long after, the new reported... I shouted for my wife to wake up.

Reached HDB Hub at 945 am. Straightaway we went to 2nd floor to buy the Fire insurance. But my appointment is still early, at 11.10am. So we went to HDB Habitat to see their show flats. Saw the 2 room flat unit; really suitable for old couple as everything needed all in place. Then at around 1045am, we proceeded to level 1 to take a queue nos (2984) and waited 15 mins for our turn to go in. Inside the room, the lady explained to us the process. All the lady requires from us is OUR Marriage Cert n IC only. We decided to loan $88,000 for 15yrs; monthly installment around $600. After which, we signed and signed on the documents; I feel like a Super STAR... Then we went to 3rd floor to pay for the 3 months conservancy charges ($169.50). We went back to the room and hooray, we are collecting our keys. Total will be 18 keys:
Main Door X 3
Metal Gate X 3
Bedroom 2 X 3
Bedroom 3 X 3
Master Room X 3
Letter Box X 3

We went to Sundial at around 4.30 pm to meet Deng Shi fu. He was on time & we proceed with the ceremony of door opening. First he chanted before I opened my door. He went in first and told me to take one pineapple and make my wish then roll it into the living room. I did it for 3 times while my wife did it twice. Then my “Fa Gao" and pau were placed in the middle of the living room. We lighted 3 joss sticks each and pray to "Tu Di Gong", five round tray candles was lighted up too. Master Deng was very detailed; he explained to us what our elements; house elements & our lucky color. Then he used some "Temple Holy Water” which was poured into the metal bowl and get us to put the "Tong Qian" ancient coins into the bowl. It was used to chant and ask any spirits to go away because there are people moving in soon. The ancient coins were given back to us after the ceremony. He asked us to keep it safely, when we moved in, we will place it at our "CAI Wei”.... Then Master Deng asked permission from "Tu Di Gong” whether we can "Dong Tu" or not and "Tu Di Gong” agreed. So Master Deng passed me a hammer; asked me to knock the 4 corners inside the bomb shelter to symbolize start of renovation already. He said he will go back & generate one report and meet us 10days later at his office to discuss what color I will use for my wall. And then we went to the opposite temple to cremate the joss sticks and joss paper. We will wait and after rectification finished, we will start our renovation soon.

No comments: